Tuesday, May 16, 2023

MY THOUGHTS ON CREATING WHAT I THINK OF AS ART, PART 3 by Susy Morpork

In my previous 2 articles i have talked about proportion and the golden rule. In this article i want to talk about enhancements through concealers to create a totally unique look.

What I am wearing at the moment and that does not include makeup.

OK so i am excessive but I wont meet myself walking on to a sim and also each shader enhances or removes an issue with a skin, again it is my own opinion and others may totally disagree with me and think what i think of as a defect is to them a beauty plus but just as we use foundation and powder on a rl face to cover blemishes i use concealers on SL

Eye brows

I always use a skin with no brows and add either the lelutka ones from the hud or a tattoo from the likes of[Simple Bloom]...Marketplace:

Marketplace - Simple Bloom by Juno Panache again not exclusively as more and more creators are producing more and more for evox every day.

Before we go any further all my links and chat are directed towards the lelutka evox range as that is my preference and have used it since the range came out . A lot of what i say is comparable with other head ranges but the links wont be and for these articles i am sticking to what i know works

Lips

here i use two tattoos one to hide the lines around the mouth that lipstick always creates and also a cupids bow fix as often a lipstick will remove this. i add these before i add any lipstick again just to give me a totally individual look.

I use Izze Burton as she produces a great range and by using one creator you can get all the tones to be Inworld: Izzies (115,125,31)

Nose

Guess what i use concealer's here also. 3 in fact a nose shadow concealer and a nose shading Left and Right

After i have made my face which is basically what i would be doing in RL ie creating a base for make up but unlike in rl I now add freckles which is the opposite to rl as the make up base in rl tones these down but in sl if you use the concealers and freckles in the wrong order you can either completely hide the freckles tattoo or tone them down to such an extent you might as well not use them and i admit i do like my freckles .I also add a freckles to my body and my neck as not all skins come with a freckles option and even when they do there can be a gap between head and body where skin is bereft of any freckles

I was going to make a separate article about makeup but have decided against as it varies so much with each outfit and when i posting an article about a outfit in future i may add my makeup and hair choices ... will see.

I hope you have enjoyed these articles . I would reiterate that these are my thoughts based on my sl experience and in no way are set in stone or I telling someone what to do , just trying to set down some tips which I hope you find useful and are able to adapt to your own needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment