Friday, May 12, 2023

APRIL SHOWERS by Lake Mermaid

First, I want to address my change of name. Yes, I am the same Lake. When I saw the recent list of new last names available in Second Life, I could not resist "Mermaid." Who does not like mermaids? And the wordplay of pairing it with my first name amused me. So after a little over sixteen years as Lake Palen, I am now Lake Mermaid. Now on to the outfit.

According to the well known saying, "April showers bring May flowers." April has come and gone, and May, with her blossoms, is now with us.

Today's outfit combines both showers and flowers. It is composed of two articles of clothing from Neve: a sundress, April, and a jacket, Showers. April has some nice details in the lace hem and the gathered fabric with the bow tied at the top.

Showers is a double-breasted jacket with a belt tied at the waist. It is made to fit over the dress and allows the lace hem to peek out below the jacket. I have chosen purple and yellow, but each comes in a variety of colors and patterns.

Continuing the showers theme, with their clouds and raindrops, the Rain earrings and necklace that I included with my Spring Fling outfit are a perfect fit here. Of course, when rain is in the forecast, an umbrella is not amiss. This rainbow umbrella from Saraan has a few poses in the included HUD, useful for making cute photos.

For the flowers portion of the outfit, I am wearing these lovely heels, covered in tulips and pearls, from Pure Poison. I used the included HUD to match them to both the dress and jacket. Since I chose sandals instead of galoshes, I will be careful to avoid puddles in inclement weather.

Dress: Neve - Dress - April

Fits: Legacy & Perky, Maitreya & Petite, Reborn

Inworld: Neve (113,95,24)

Marketplace: neve-dress-april-fatpack


Jacket: Neve - Jacket - Showers

Fits: Legacy & Perky, Maitreya & Petite, Reborn

Inworld: Neve (113,95,24)

Marketplace: neve-jacket-showers-fatpack


Shoes: Pure Poison - Lally Sandals

Fits: Belleza, eBody, Legacy, Maitreya

These are presently available at the 11th Anniversary FaMESHed event. I am including links to the event and both Pure Poison's inworld and marketplace stores, where they will presumably be available at some point after the event.

Inworld: FaMESHed (243,176,21)

Inworld: Pure Poison District (177,71,21)

Marketplace - Pure Poison - FASHION by Shaleene Kenin


Umbrella: Saraan - We Are Equal Rainbow Umbrella

Marketplace: Saraan-We-are-equal-rainbow-umbrella


Hair: Truth - Poetry

Inworld: Truth (78,108,24)

Marketplace: TRUTH-Poetry-Hair-Fatpack


Earrings: Avaway - Rain Earrings

I purchased these at the April FaMESHed X event, which has now closed. They are not yet available at the Avaway store, but I will include a store link for future reference.

Inworld: AvaWay (202,125,14)


Necklace: Avaway - Rain Necklaces Set

Fits: Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn

The set also includes a metal choker with a cloud and a lightning bolt, which is not shown here. It was purchased at the April FaMESHed event, which has since closed, and is not yet available at the store.

Inworld: AvaWay (202,125,14)


Ring: Second Nature Jewelry (SNJ) - River Ring Gold Diamond

Inworld: Calabria (138,87,21)

Marketplace: SNJ-River-Ring-Gold-Diamond-ADD


Body: Maitreya - Lara with Petite add-on

Inworld: Maitreya Isle (131,193,23)


No comments:

Post a Comment