Saturday, April 22, 2023

MY HAT DAY OUTFIT by Dorothy Reynolds

About a week before Hat day, I decided to begin my search for a hat and outfit with the expectation that I wouldn't find anything until hours before the day started. In my three years of SL (two and a half with a previous avi), I hadn't even contemplated wearing a hat let alone purchase one, and my RL experience was limited to baseball caps and knit winter hats.

A search through the Marketplace turned up something from Wicca;s Wardrobe (Wicca's Originals is the name of the in-world store). Their 'Tiffany Hat (Brown)' Marketplace: Wiccas-Wardrobe-Tiffany-Hat-Brown looked promising, so I purchased a demo. Armed with a good looking hat, I searched Wicca's Wardrobe for an outfit to match... and found nothing.

Some stores don't list everything online, so my next step was to take a visit to Wicca's Originals Inworld: New (11,115,22) and look around for a matching dress. Still couldn't find anything, but I did come across a cute unisex fedora that I built my outfit around instead - Wicca's Wardrobe 'Three Dog Hat (Mocca)' Marketplace: Wiccas-Wardrobe-Three-Dog-Hat-Mocca-BOXED


A search through the online store and in-world shop turned up a dress and a pair of boots.

'Wicca's Wardrobe - Francesca Dress (Brown)' Marketplace: Wiccas-Wardrobe-Francesca-Dress-Brown-BOXED


'Wicca's Wardrobe - Celestine Boots (Plain Fatpack)' Marketplace: Wiccas-Wardrobe-Celestine-Boots-Plain-Fatpack-BOXED


I typically wear necklaces, but that didn't work for this dress as the stringing across the chest sat on top of any necklace I wore. A choker does work well. The earrings and choker is 'Beloved Jewelry : Taliana Set 3 Pieces (Texture Change)'

Marketplace: Beloved-Jewelry-Taliana-Set-3-Pieces-Texture-Change-Earrings-Choker-Necklace-Maitreya-Legacy


The whole outfit came together rather nicely


It is probably one of my most expensive outfits, but Wicca Merlin has an exceptional eye for detail. She has a background in fashion, and it shows in her work. This is also my first dark brown outfit, and I think it matches my red hair and fair skin rather nicely.


Body

Maitreya Mesh Body - v5.3


Head

LeLUTKA Milan Head 3.1


Skin

Not Found - Janis Skin - Peach


Hair

Doux - Yeji Hairstyle [M/Boobs]


Glasses

EarthStones Eyeglasses - The Yesterday [L]

No comments:

Post a Comment